Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Surgery
Welcome to the Jointlife orthopedics and sports medicine website for Dr. Richard Angelo, a sports medicine surgeon specializing in knee surgery, shoulder surgery, and arthroscopic surgery. Dr. Angelo brings 25 years of experience in helping patients return to a healthy, active lifestyle. He uses state-of-the art minimally invasive techniques such as arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery…in most cases performed in an Outpatient Surgery Center. Dr Angelo was named to the list of “125 Outstanding Knee Surgeons” in America in 2012 (read more). He was selected as a “Top Doc” by The International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons and identified in the publication, “The Leading Physicians of the World”. Additional information on arthroscopic shoulder repair, arthroscopic knee repair, ACL repairs, and cartilage repair can be found on our Patient Education page .
Doctor Angelo is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and holds a Sports Medicine Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ). The latest advances in operative methods, tools and implants are employed. State-of-the-art minimally invasive surgical techniques allow our patients to experience less post-operative pain, recover more quickly, and realize the greatest possible return of function.
Dr Angelo has dedicated his academic and practice career to the study and development of minimally-invasive arthroscopic techniques to successfully treat injuries and diseases of the knee, shoulder, hip, and elbow. Following completion of his orthopedic residency, he undertook a year of specialized fellowship study and research in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy with Dr. James Andrews and Dr. Richard Hawkins.
He has served as one of the Univeristy of Washington Husky athletic team physicians, Evergreen Hospital Chief of Surgery, and as a Clinical Professor in the Department of Orthopedics at the University of Washington Medical School.
- Knee – arthroscopic, minimally-invasive anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligament autograft and allograft reconstruction, meniscus repair, articular cartilage resurfacing, grafting, and restoration; minimally-invasive total knee replacement, minimally-invasive partial knee replacement, computer-navigated joint replacement.
- Shoulder – minimally-invasive arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and allograft reconstruction, arthroscopic shoulder stabilization and labral repair; treatment of biceps disorders, impingement and acromioclavicular injuries, partial articular resurfacing, total shoulder replacement, partial shoulder replacement, reverse shoulder replacement
- Hip – arthroscopic treatment of labral, articular cartilage and impingement disorders, and bursitis.
- Elbow – arthroscopic loose body removal, tennis elbow release, biceps repair, fracture treatment
- Ankle – arthroscopic treatment of cartilage lesions, instability repair, fracture treatment